Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Irene's quilt

At last I finished my friends quilt,been on the go for ages.


Sorry about the photos,I have a bad habit of taking pics at night.

Irene likes it.
She's had a terrible time of it lately,in and out of hospital like a yoyo,a very tough 6 years and this ones been the worst.All this when you are in your 60s and bringing up your two grandchildren well I really take my hat off to her.
This is what I have been playing with this week,Mandy's quilt.Started to think about how it will go together but I'm still collecting photos.
I decided on a jelly roll for borders.

A few more pics drying off.


The label is going on the front of the quilt.
The last photo is the friends block from SKOW if you look closely you will see Mandy and Aunty Laura embroidered down the sides.I will add a few more bits of embroidery here and there throughout the quilt.Good job it's not needed until April as I keep changing my mind.
Well that's me up to date,we had a day out Monday went to Merthyr Tydfil in Wales to see Aunty and Uncle,lunch at a lovely pub up in the mountains,my sort of day,the steak and ale pie was excellent .(did not do the diet much good though)
The apple pie with custard finished it off nicely.
Xx 
Post a Comment