Sunday, 2 February 2014


Another one of these stitched,still havnt done the satin stitch.
I've been collecting and transferring photos to fabric for my nieces quilt for a while now,and I have put the top together.
Very happy with it have to think about backing now,I'm going for cream.Her birthday is two months away so I have plenty of time,just glad to have the top finished.

It looks a bit orange on these pictures,although I have a very good camera we have poor light at the moment(and I don't  know how to use the camera yet)



The lovely boy on the left is her grandson.

It's very random,no big plans I just lay them all out to see how they fell in with each other.If I was making another one of these I would probably print all the photos the same size.

I
I've been having a play with this ,marbling on fabric,great fun I have not done any of this for ages.


I shall practice a few patterns then I plan to make some blocks for a quilt,have lots of white to play with,happy days.
All for now Laura x

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt with all those photos. You are flying along with your Scandinavian Rose. I dug mine out over the weekend and started block 3 :( not sure if I will finish the quilt or make a smaller wallhanging. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your quilts and your fabric you are playing with

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Laura your quilt looks awesome,well done my friend and i love the clours in your marbling.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this quilt is beautiful. I'm looking forward to finding out how it is received. still loving the stitchery too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friendship stitchery is beautiful and I love the quilt, such a lovely gift. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet quilt. It is just gorgeous.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete