Monday, 16 June 2014

Quilting

I've made a start on Nickys quilt,is huge and blooming heavy.
Randon wobbly lines as usual.I had thought of sending it to a long arm quilters,but oh my it's so expensive ,£200. Plus ,so I gave up that idea.

If you look closely you will see the washing basket in the conservatory filled with things waiting to be ironed ,haha have to get your priorities right.


This little chap came to stay with us for the weekend and he is the sweetest happiest little guy.
He loves his Grampy follows him around.Hes trying to walk and wobbles about like a little robot.

Can't get enough of my grandys.

Here's what the crochet became,a cheerful pincushion ,and another.

Another on the way..
It's only 4rows each side,make a round cushion for inside an stuff it.
Quick and easy,make one in an evening while watching the box.Dont know what I an going to do with then though,a bit addicted at the minute using up scraps of wool and cotton.
You all might get one lol.

This is the last thing I worked on this week,a small pot made with 2.5 inch scraps.Its a small one only 4 inch in any direction but I love it,it's just the right size to use as a thread catcher or even to put bits and bobs in around the house.this one is going in the kitchen to keep my rings safe when I take them of to do something.Perfect to use up jelly roll scraps.

Going to fish out some big cheerful buttons to put on the points.
Well that's about it .Have a good week .
Lou.x

7 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks lovely, being quilted by you! Awesome! Your little chap is adorable...how lucky you are to be able to hug him all weekend long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your little grandie boy is beautiful,I love his curls,lovely post Laura.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you spent a whole weekend loving on John. great work as always i us my bag you made me for my crochet in the living room so every one that visits can say that it's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. OM godness, look at Natalie & John, they are so alike its unbelievable...
    pretty pincushions! you are looking good for an 'Antique" friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pin cushions turned out so cute...but not as cute as your little grandson. He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos of you, Brian and your grandie, he's so cute! Love your crochet pincushions and the fabric bucket! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI! Laurajane ,I have been catching up with your posts and you have been doing some lovely projects.Love your quilts and embroidery ,pretty colours.
    Little grandies are so precious.

    ReplyDelete