Wednesday, 14 March 2012

mothers day

Its Mothers Day on Sunday ,here in the U.K,so I thought I would post a couple of pics of my lovely mum.I was only 21 when she died,and have missed her for 42 years now.I feel sad that she missed all the important things in my life,only met my lovely Bri a couple of times,and of course never got to see our beautiful girls. Happy Mothers Day mum.xxx this first pic was taken in 1947,the year before I was born,and mum was 35 years old.She was a widow when she met my dad,and had 3 children Raymond Shiela and Maureen,she married my dad and had 3 more,me,Jonh and Terrence. Dad always said they had to even the score..... Violet Eveline Harris [nee grooms]1912-1971 loved and missed.xxx
This has Vi 17 on the back .so I'm thinking that must be the age she was at the time it was taken.xxx

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say...Thanks you so very much for the warm Birthday wishes. I feel your love all the way here in Arizona. Big HUGS to you. ps... your MUM is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post and lovely photos of your mum! How sad to lose your mum so early, I lost mine last year but I am grateful for all the years with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog!! It is a huge releaf to know my quilting friends will still read my blog!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what lovely photos to treasure. I'm sure you do miss your mum everyday. I must say that I am ever so grateful that I still have mine with us for now and thank my lucky stars every single day. I never knew my grandparents so am extremely happy that my children share a special bond with my parents that can never be broken and they will carry this with them through their lives. I KNOW I am lucky. xo

    ReplyDelete