Saturday, 16 June 2012

making blocks

Feeling much better now,that cold took it out of me I can tell you. I have stiched the layer cake all together ,now its ready to be recut. I have these block templates,and decided to use this blue and yellow to make some blocks.They are 12 inch ,I dont know yet what I am going to do with them, so far I have made 3 blocks. I have started to make blocks for my own quilt,the quilt will be about where I live and what I like.I love cake....so this is my fisrt block,designed and made by me. I have a few more F.W blocks cut out ,hope to get those together tomorrow.I have also started to make a 40 th birthday card for my daughters partner.His bday is not till January,but its a big card,will post some pics later. The F.W are so small I pop the bits into envelopes untill I am ready to sew. The last picture is my gorgeous Lilly ,she had her first haircut on Thursday.Till next time,love from me.xx

5 comments:

  1. So many lovely projects, the blue and yellow blocks are beautiful and I really love the cake block, very gorgeous!! Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those cupcakes. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake blocks are going to be such a fun project Your baby looks precious in her new haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been a busy beaver!! Adore the blocks and the quilt. I can't wait to start my farmers wife - going to try it in flower sugar fabric. I'll enjoy watching yours come together in the meantime. Happy Stitching, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isidore that cupcake blck! And aren't you smart about storing the FW blocks until ready!

    ReplyDelete