Monday, 30 July 2012

beautiful summer days

Good morning all.We have had the most glorious week,warm and sunny.Such a welcome change after all the months of rain. A few walks with Lilly.
As you can see,I am having a bad hair day on this first photo... These photos were taken at Coventry War Memorial Park. Lilly loves it here,has a good run around.
Poppys carved into the trunk of a dead tree.A local sculpture does these,I will have to show the ones he did at Coombe Abbey. The yellow and blue quilt blocks are stitched together.
Block 2 of Fat Quarter Shops mystery quilt BOM came this week,also block 4 from the cotton patch.
The lovely tiny charm pack came with the first block of the mystery quilt,I love the fabrics with this BOM,I will have to take a photo of the finishing and backing fabrics becauuse they are so Yummy,(cant think of a better word to descibe them).
As you know,3 of my dear friends retired last week,all from the same school.Great loss to Gosford Park Primary School.I hope they enjoy their retirement as much as I do.We now how three new members in our (ladys that lunch club.....) Angela,Alyson and Gill,have a long and happy retirement girls.
As you can see,I still cant line up pictures with words,you have to do all this jiggling about and its a bit complicated for me,I do try ,I really do.I have Karen s brilliant book,and one day will have a good read of it..... Thats it for now see you all soon. Laura xxx

3 comments:

  1. Very nice pictures, used to like going to the memorial park, Lilly looks like she has Bri under her little paw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photos here. Little Lilly is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your photos and think you are doing a super job of lining the photos up. Lilly is very cute. Looks like she enjoys getting out and about. Don't you just love getting those gorgeous packages in the mail. Its been a while for me.....hehehe....need to get a job first!! Have fun and happy stitching

    ReplyDelete