Sunday, 22 July 2012

busy week

Hi all,Ive had a lovely week ,sewing meeting friends,eating out,all the things you should be doing when retired. My lovely Bri has been refitting the bathroom this week,so apart from making his coffee,I had time on my hands.
The pinwheel quilt is now quilted,I used all of that layercake.I put a strip of small squars down the back,and used scraps for the binding.
The small Kaffe Fassett quilt got quilted too and looks lovely on my footstool. I have this great book called With fabric and thread. I have made these slipperboots for my grand children.
I think I will save them for Christmas...
Three of my friends are retiring on Monday,all from the same school.I made these pot holders using the pincushion pattern from the same book, just a bit of adapting.
Got them each a plant in pots to go on them. Had a very nice time on Thursday afternoon,with the girls,afternoon tea at the Windmill.The three retiring ones are amongst this lot.
I took dozens of photos,I always do,but I wont bore you with them all.The last 'girls pic'is me with my great friend Jacquie,me on the right in green top. Not bad for a coupls of gals in their 60s.... Quilties ready to post to Sandie.
I won a giveaway,it was a fantastic surprise,as I never win a thing.I always say I am lucky in love.....(still am)
The postman was laughfing at me doing a little dance on the doorstep,mind you he's a dafty himself,he knocks the door if I have parcels or not,he likes to say hello to the puppy,daft thing. This is what was in the parcel
A wall panel charm pack and collection of 8ths very lucky girl,so a big thank you to Sharon from Lilabelle lane for hosting the giveaway ,and a huge thank you to Therese from love that fabric,for donating the fabric. I wish I knew how to {link}you to their sights,but havnt learned how to do it.
So, had a great week,joined yet another BOM.from the fat quarter shop.Its called Pumpkinsville and starts in November.You must have a look at it ,it gorgeous and very colorful. Have more to tell,but run out of time. till next time stay safe. Laura .xxxx
Post a Comment