Tuesday, 7 August 2012

penny rugs

I have finined making my very first penny rug,and really enjoyed it.They are lovely to make,felt is great to work with.I hope my friend likes it.
Its 16 inches across,just a nice size.
did anyone quess it was hens and chicks?... Started to cut out the next one,this ones for me.
My daughter phoned me this morning,they are safe in England,(at Tonys brothers in Milton Keynes)and I will see her on Friday. She will be spending a few days with us next week.I am hoping I will be able to take her to The Festival of Quilts next week,that would be just fantastic,as I havnt been since they went to live in Australia almost 5 years ago. But mostly just want a little time with Nicky and Natalie my younger daughter.Having my two lovely girls together ...sounds wonderful to me. Have a good day. love Laura xx

7 comments:

  1. I though it was going to be Chickens, very nice....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time with th girls, say hello for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! WOnderful stitching. Let's see a photo when it finds its home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun Penny Rug. My old one is 3 large to small cicles on top of each other in rolls stitched on burlap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the penny rug is gorgeous, thanks so much for showing us. I cant wait for the Festival of Quilts too... look out for my waistcoat in the guilted garments, arts quiltsx the waistcoat is called " Faith and Karma"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you can get to the Quilt show with your girls and have a great time.
    Love your penny rug and love the chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your penny rug is gorgeous, I hope you have a lovely time with your girls.

    ReplyDelete