Sunday, 12 August 2012

penny rugs

Hi evryone,my beautiful daughter Nicky ,came to see us on Wednesday.I was so surprised.They got into UK on Tuesday,and I knew Tony had lots to sort out for his mum,I hadnt expected to see them untill the funeral on Friday.Nicky came up from Milton Keynes to Coventry on the train and did not tell me she was coming. It was such a lovely surprise I spent the first ten minutes in tears. We went to Roys funeral on Friday,it was a lovely celebration of Roys life. Nicky and Tony will be spending a few days with us next week. The chicken penny rug,was meant for my friend but Nicky loved it and it went in her bag...Have to make another one now. I have been doing a little embroidery lately,its easier on the shoulder.
I dont know what I am going to do with this,I have this bag of iron on transfers,and liked this one. This book came a couple of weeks ago,I pre ordered it months ago.
I have started this Father Christmas wall hanging ,but Im not sure I like what I have put it on,but will stick with it see how it goes.
There are lots of ways to transfer images,this is my preferred method,I have tried a light box,but it makes me feel hot,daft I know,but it does. So I copy the image ,or scan if it needs to be bigger.
Then I use good old fashioned dress makers carbon paper'
This pack is great,5 sheets red blue yellow and 2 white ones for putting on darker fabric. I use double sided tape,I tape the pattern to the carbon and the carbon to the fabric,and trace over the bits I want,what could be easier.I always use a ball point pen,nice and thin.
I have started this penny quilt for me. The twister quilt is ready to be put together.
I want to try to quilt it and the small child one this week,but in lots of pain with my shoulder. Hospital tomorrow,post opp appointment,I think I may be told off,have been doing everything he told me not to,so for the next few weeks I will be hand sewing and a bit of knitting .He did tell me not to use the sewing machine.or hoover or lift or ironong,all the things you have to do daily.Because it felt so good ,I did everything and now I am suffering. So I will be making penny rugs galore.... all for now see you all soon.Laura xx
Post a Comment