Sunday, 16 September 2012

Autumn Days

I love Autumn,and one of the things I liked most when I was working ,was singing with the children and teaching them new songs(I never met a child that diddnt like to sing).
This is one of my favourite

Autumn Days  by Estelle White

Autumn days when the grass is jewelled
And the silk inside the chestnut shell
Jet planes meeting in the air to be refuelled
All these things I love so well
So I mustn't forget
No I mustn't forget
To say a great big thank you
I mustn't forget

Clouds that look like familiar faces
And a winters moon with frosted wings
Smell of bacon as I fasten up my laces
And the song the milkman sings
So I mustn't forget
No I mustn't forget
To say a great big thank you
I mustn't forget

Whipped up spay that is rainbow scattered
And a swallow curving in the sky
Shoes so comfy that they're worn and battered
And the taste of apple pie
So I mustn't forget
No I mustn't forget
To say a great big thank you
I mustn't forget

Scent of gardens when the rains been falling
And a minnow darting down the stream
Picked-up engine that's been stuttering and stalling
And a WIN from my home team
So I mustn't forget
No mustn't forget
To say a great big thank you
I mustn't forget.


If you live in the UK and have children,you will no dought be familiar with this.There is a brilliant clip on Utube, Oscar Piatt aged 6 giving it his all, the person recording it has Oscar too low,and all you can see is his eyebrows going up and down,it's priceless made me laugh and cry.
I wish I could master LINK,would love to put it on for you all to see,try to have a look if you can.
Enjoy your Sunday love Laura.

Ps,this is my 98th post,wow it's taken me ages to get to this.I am putting together a couple of things for a give away for my 100th post.....keep watching. Xx


Post a Comment