Wednesday, 24 October 2012

hi all

hello everyone,the weather here is not nice this week,damp foggy days.just the weather to stay at home and sew.

This is block 6 of Cotton Patch BOM.Dont look too close,but the handles on the baskets are my very fist attemp at needle turn applique.( hope you are looking Susie)A bit wobbly ,have to get a lot more practice in,because next month I will be getting my new BOM,from Fat Quarter shop.Its called pumpkinsville and I would love to needle turn applique it.

This is block 7.I usually take photo's at night,mistake,the lightings not good.This looks a bit wonky on here,its straight really.....
Started to knit an aran cardie for Bri.he still wears the one I made him in the 70,its very worn out but he loves it around the house.I managed to find the same pattern,can you beleive it.Vintage patterns on ebay.

I spend all this time knitting and he only wears them around the house,no way would he go out in a cardigan,men are strange creatures.

Block 5 from Fat Quarter Shop BOM,I love this bom,the colours are just delicious.
Well that me up to date,just finishing off some red work,and Betsys closet is pinned ready to quilt.
love from me xxx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks Laurajane!! They are just so pretty!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your needle turn applique looks fantastic! I am afraid to try it... I keep bookmarking (but never attempting) projects which require it. Yours looks wonderful, especially for being a curve and so small!

    You are right about the weather --- perfect conditions for a sew-in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh!! I looked at that first block and thought how beautiful it looked! Then I saw the handles on the basket and wondered how you did them so beautifully without needle turning them. Then I read on. They are amazing and so precise! Just beautiful. Looking forward to seeing all the blocks together! Well done. Suberb job (a natural obviously).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your needle turn handles look fantastic, it is a lovely block. All your other projects look fab too!

    ReplyDelete