Thursday, 3 January 2013

New year

New Year Resolutions..........about 10years ago,I made a New Years resolution ,it was to never ever make any more,and I havnt,why.....because I always felt such a failure when I broke them.
So,no promises from me,just getting on with life to th best of my ability.
This is what Ineed to catch up with,2 cotton patch blocks,
And mystery block.

I started to make blocks from Annie Downs some kind of wonderful,I did the old Jeans with some old blue scraps I had,now I have changed my mind...
You get such a lovely lot of fabric with The Fat Quarter shop BOMs ,that I have now decided to make the blocks with that.I had cream (always have cream in my box) to use for the base .
So here are the first 4 (this I what I sat doing over Christmas and New Year).

we call them cup cakes in the UK,so I have changed the name.

I left the' Blue' off
Hopefully,the Mystery quilt will go on my bed,and Some Kind of Wonderful will hang on the wall above my bed.( in my minds eye it's looks great,fingers crossed)
Apart from the 3 BOMs I am in,I am NOT buying  any, erm ,much fabric this year,as I am saving hard to go to Australia to see my daughter ,later in the year.
Like all of you,I have a mountin of fabric I should use up,also I really fancy making a scrappy quilt.

Yesterday was sweet Lillys 1st birthday,love this pup....

A couple of months ago I showed pics of Tonys half made Birthday Card,Its finised and ready to post.



It does stand up,Ive laid it flat to take pics,cant get them all in when standing.He will be 40,so he has 1 engine and 40 carriages.....

Hope he likes it.
Till next time,love from me.

7 comments:

  1. I don't do New Year resolutions either! Oh...I love your blocks - they are really cute. The birthday card looks like great fun and he is sure to be pleased to receive it.

    I know what you mean about your pup - I can't believe how attached I am to my two pups - I love 'em like they are my own - I am definitely their Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I just *love* that card. What a fabulous idea! I've seen "Some Kind of Wonderful" before and I loved it then, but after seeing yours, I know I must go find the pattern. It's way too cute not to make! I don't make resolutions either, but my "sewing goal" for this year is to make a lot of scrappy things. Last year I put myself on a Fabric Fast (which wasn't too bad, actually... even though I cheated a few times). As the year went on, it became more and more fun to challenge myself to use only what I had, so I'm looking forward to doing that again this year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are gorgeous, such pretty fabrics. Love the tea cup! And the card is amazing, you are very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is gorgeous, especially that card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Laura you have been busy,love the train and your puppy is so cute.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my just look at that card. Such a clever idea. L O V E it. Also loving your SKOW fabric swap, will look stunning, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. my baby is 42 as always love your work

    ReplyDelete