Tuesday, 2 April 2013

A flimsy

At last,after 12 months on this BOM the American Beauty quilt top is complete.
Now to think about putting it together.I am not sure l will be able to quilt it myself as its very large.
I will have a go though.
I have draped it over B's motorbike, that you can see is about half.




Very happy with it, that will be one BOM down,two to go.
It's a glorious sunny day here,still bitterly cold but at least the suns out.
Lilly out for a good long walk,visit to my hairdresser later and my goddaughter is calling in on her way home from work,just my sort of day ,lovely.Of course there will be plenty of sewing this evening.
Have a good day everyone,love from me.xx

11 comments:

  1. She is beautiful, my friend! The colors are spectacular. Congrats on finishing the flimsy!! I once quilted a California King size quilt on my home machine (not by choice... the wait at my LQS was 4+ months!). I didn't have a place big enough to lay it out to baste it all at once, so I had to baste and quilt half (straight lines only!!) then baste and quilt the other half. Never again, LOL!!! But, it came out nicely and I know yours will, too. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job Lou, well done. I hope it keeps Bri's bike warm in the winter LOL
    Hi to Sarah for me :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty Laura,well done,love the colours that you used.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, the colours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Laura - so much work,it will be lovely quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks gorgeous Laura, such a pretty quilt! Well done!! Hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful finish. Well done and enjoy your day. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a beautiful quilt! Yes I think you should try and hand quilt, makes it even more special. Where are you going to put it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely BOM.......goodluck with the quilting..........

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is amazing Laura - such a huge effort to get it finished. Hope the machines back soon so you can get it quilted

    ReplyDelete