Saturday, 4 May 2013

Bit more stitching

Two more blocks from FQS mystery BOM, no 10 & 11,only one to go.Getting very excited about this quilt,the colours are gorgeous.This one is going in our bedroom,although my daughter no 1 ,is trying very hard to weedle it from me,( told her I couldn't possibly post it to Oz,)


Another block from SKOW,I decided to stitch this one,instead of appliqué .
This is made with scraps from the above ,it's going on the wall over my bed (eventually )


Pot mats for my youngest daughter,she's very into black & white.


Of course Lilly had to investigate...



It's been a gorgeous week,bright and sunny
The garden has started to wake up. 
This Peony is very old and was given to me 40 years ago .A chap I used to work with gave me a couple of tubers from his mums garden.The mother plant was over a 100 years old then.
We have split it a few times,it just keeps going.Its full of tiny buds.

The Magnolia is at the bottom of the garden,it's a very pretty dark pink.


All for now,will be making jewellery today,it's one of my passions and I havnt made any for ages.
Out tomorrow at a V W show,happy day.
Enjoy your weekend.
Xx


6 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely sewing Laurajane

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy. Think i will sent mu blocks 9, 10 and 11 for the MBOM over to you as I've not looked at mine yet. hus

    ReplyDelete
  3. such lovely blocks Laura.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been very productive, everything looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are beautiful, I look forward to seeing them together and I love your stitchery, hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks , saw your necklace , so pretty. Hugs xxc

    ReplyDelete