Sunday, 16 June 2013

Clever boy

 hubby is a genius ,I've always know he was brilliant ,but this time he surpassed himself....
For many years I have longed for a sewing table,A Horne sewing table.  Unfortunately I just don't have the space.I have "issues "with both shoulders,and sewing large items(quilts)becomes a bit of a pain.I can't get a comfortable position ,which is why I want a sewing table.....sigh.....I sew large items at the dining table rather than in my craft room,because I have more space there.Brian came up with this idea.....it works like a dream woohoo.
This is my dining table,

It opens in the middle to reveal and extra section,

Hubby's idea ,open up and place the sewing machine in the well.
I was a bit sceptic about it ,but tried it anyway.

I have to tell you it works like a dream.
Sewing area is level with the table,it really is brill and much easier on the arms .It looks a bit odd,but it works,Diddnt I tell you he was brilliant.
The quilt is now finished and I will take pics in the daylight .

Thought I would share this one,our baby is now 5weeks old and doing really well.


This is not my favourite picture ,I don't look so good without my make up lol.

Hubby and my gorgeous granddaughter,I absolutely adore this kid.She has just given granddad his Father's Day Card.
All for now,got to put the wall hanging together that goes with my quilt...happy days.xx

6 comments:

  1. Isn't he clever! It looks a great idea. Gorgeous photos of your grandkids. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fantastic idea. He is very clever. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look good , you should see me in the mornings. we are blessed with our hubbys

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea and your little baby is growing,lovely pics,thanks for sharing.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea! And the quilt you are working on is beautiful...as is the new addition to your growing family! Thanks for sharing your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fantastic table! It really makes a difference doesn't it? My chair is awful an I'd should do something about it. Now a proper sewing table would be wonderful.. Your grandson (and grand daughter) are adorable!

    ReplyDelete