Saturday, 20 July 2013

This and that

Having a play with the Dresden template .

Cut lots of strips and stitched them together.Ive cut my strips 2 1/2 inch and one at 1 1/2 inch.
This pattern uses 40 blades.

Making the the strips long enough to cut two blades.putting them together so they are in two halts then join the two together.That way I hope to have an even spread of colour.(I hope)

Starting to look OK.Its the left over fabric from the pumpkin quilt.

It's going to be very colourful.It is going to be a mat for John  to lay on.
Had another mystery block arrive this week,I havnt cut the first one out yet,better get cracking.

Not much sewing will take place until Monday,the grandys are here for the weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Your Dresden is going to be quite colourful. I'd like to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are lovely - very colourful Dresden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Laura this looks fantastic,you are so clever,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright colours for your Desdens and dont worry I haven't started my DMBOM either. Enjoy having the Grandkids over. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sewing is looking great, beautiful colours, I look forward to seeing your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dresden plate is looking terriffic and thanks for the sneak peek on the Next BOM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh thanks for sharing the sneak peek of the next MBOM! I'm waiting for mine to arrive :) I've always wanted to make a Dresden quilt, so will be watching how yours comes together...it's looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Dresden is looking good, great colours, hope you had a fun weekend with the Grandies xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. looking good , enjoy your grands. hugsxxx

    ReplyDelete