Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Lost my mojo

Can't get settled to anything these days.Since we finished all the work on the old homestead all I want to do is sit with my feet up drinking hot chocolate.
The weather has turned very cold and windy,but we have been promise a few warm days next week.
So,what have I been up to.
A little of this.

Got this block finished.The next two arrived yesterday so they are ganging up on me.
You will notice that I have not done the satin stitch in any of the circles,I did start but wasn't happy with how it looked so unpicked it.I will try again at a later stage but I like it as it is.
That's it in the sewing line but I have been doing this.
My lovely niece will be celebrating her 50th birthday next April and 
I am going to make her a quilt(well that goes without saying lol)
It's going to be a picture quilt and 
I have been busy printing family pictures on to photo fabric.

So far I have these few,the hardest part is collecting photos to copy without Mandy finding out.

This is Mandy with her hubby Todd.
I have a few more ready to print but as usual I have run out of ink sigh.
Well that's it for now,we are off to my daughters to wallpaper my granddaughters bedroom ( whoever said you get bored when you retire was fibbing) haha.
Xx

10 comments:

  1. Photo quilts make a lovely gift. I did one for my DIL's 40th. Had my son sneek some photos to me so I could add them to the quilt. She loved it. Your niece will love hers too. Love your red work. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all lose our mojo at various times - it will come back. How special will a photo quilt be for your niece - a lucky girl indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, can't believe she will be 50!
    The quilt will be lovely, she'll be so pleas.
    Hope you find Mojo soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope that your Mojo comes back soon. With the Satin stitch I always find it better (for me) if I start in t he middle and work out one way then come back and work the other half. Love your blocks, your ahead of me now :) have fun with the wallpaper. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. embroidery is looking great! and I LOVE photo quilts. I have used bits and pieces in some but never a whole photo quilt. will be excited to see how it progresses.
    have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely gesture in the quilt. I'm sure she will adore it. I still really like that Rosalie Quinlan stitchery. It looks fine without the satin stitch although Leanne Beasley taught us a good way at her stitching day - outline in back stitch just inside the shape then do satin stitch round the outside / on the line of the shape. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe after all that hard work you need some unwinding time. I do the same thing from time to time. You're so tired that just having a rest is what you need to get your mojo back.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stitchery looks beautiful, all the best with your new project!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i missed this last week but i am all fixed now, can get your comments,lovexxx

    ReplyDelete