Monday, 28 October 2013

Stormy weather

 Storms across the country,but not too bad where we are.We live right in the middle of the country so only got the edge of if .Wet and windy but that's it very lucky.
Had a very productive week ,I can't show most of it because they are presents.

I started this for Christmas .
I spend such a lot of money on fabric I thought I would buy some poly cotton,its a fraction of the price.Have used it befor and wasn't keen as it's a bit slippy.I loved these colours and patterns so thought I would have another go with it
I love this large Dresden ruler.




The Dresden is 36 inch wide.I have used 5fat quarters and will repeat the order of fabrics .

Another one of these,FQS mystery BOM,this is no 5 and I predicted wrong I thought it was going to be all baskets.

Love the colours in this quilt they are so juicy.
The kids are off school this week half term hols,so I might spend a bit of time with my gorgeous grandys.
started to make my Christmas cards so that will keep me busy for a while and if the kids come over Jayda will want to get into Granny's room to make hers lol.
(Love crafting with kids)
That's me up to date.
Laura xx

10 comments:

  1. such beautiful work Laura and have fun with your grandies.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colours, have fun making cards with Jayda XXX
    You need to start training Bryce, he could be the next Kaffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stay safe, and have fun with the grands. hugsxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dresden is looking nice and I love your star block, very pretty! Have fun with your grandkids, hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the rich colours of your new fabrics. The star quilt is very impressive.
    Have fun with your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new fabric, that's a big block

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laurajane--love those big dresden spokes--so cheery, hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your large dresdan. and love the fabrics chosen. it is fun to sew for gifties isn't it? I a having a lot of fun filling my box with neat things. I am finding more and more great patterns on the internet. just found a key/cell phone holder one similar to my chapstick one. hmmmmm.........hubby could use one for eyeglasses. I see a pattern going on........just a bigger pocket is all that is needed......
    I think I will have the holidays wrapped up real soon. then maybe I can make gingerbread houses with the kiddos while the parents shop. gifts....check fun....check

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the Christmas colours. I heard about the storms, hope you stay safe this coming Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the star block...it is very cool indeed!!! Hope all is well with you and your:):) Sandie

    ReplyDelete