Monday, 6 January 2014

Happy New Year

First I'd like to say a very Happy New Year to everyone .Thank you for leaving comments on my last post,and sorry I have not replied .
We had a very nice Christmas Day  spent at my youngest daughters,great time with the grandys.Missed my older daughter like mad,but we did face time so I got a peep at them both.
I hope you are all safe in this strange old weather we are experiencing all around the world.
I have a few pics to show,
Christmas Day

Not the best pic of me,the chin is not a good look.lol


Natalie hates having her photo taken,so this is what you get a silly face.
This boy always gives his best grin.
Me and the baby.if you look to the right of this picture you will see a pink package.this is a cushion kit I bought Jay for Christmas.
We had the kids on New Years Eve while Natalie and Johno went out.
Jayda stitched her pink pig cushion and made a brilliant job.


The foot on it in the first picture is to stop it moving.lol
So what have I been doing,well not a lot...
I put the summertime quilt together and stitched the border.



Ready to put the back on this now,plan to do this tonight.
The last few pics are my grandkids on New Years Eve .


John loves bring with his brother and sister.
This is the only book I am buying this year.......
It has some beautiful things in it.
I will not buy any kits ,books ,fabric....I will finish stuff I have already started.....and save all my penny's to spend in Australia....I AM DEFINATELY going to see my daughter this year.
Love to all,Lou.xxx

8 comments:

  1. good you need to see her but that's a long time in a plane, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book, I made the owl cushion out of it!
    What about coming to see your friend in Canada, its not as far as Oz you know! Love your wool project, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what wonderful times and pics you have there Laura,you can see how much fun they are all having,happy new year to you my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like loads of fun. Love the quilt and the pillow your grand daughter did. Charlotte finds it really hard to stick to any task and see it to fruition. I am trying to refrain from buying craft stuff. One week in and all is good. Can't see it lasting more than two weeks though with hubby away during school hols it's my therapy. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful family photos. I love your summer time quilt - just beautiful! 2014 must be the year for everyone using and finishing what they have - it is a recurring comment all over blog world!!lol - we are all guilty of have big stashes and ufo boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos of your gorgeous family! Love your quilt, you got that to the flimsy stage quickly. I start the year intending to buy no more books but seem to forget that during the year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your family Christmas & New Year Pics. That Summer Quilt is beautiful! A trip to see your daughter will be a great project for the new year!

    ReplyDelete