Monday, 14 April 2014

A couple more swoons

I made 3 of these Sunday and it took me most of the day.Kept getting into a bit of a muddle...


They are big blocks,24 inches square so really it's like 12 blocks(well that's my way of thinking).

Have a few more cut to ready to go.
They are beautiful blocks,glad 
I took the plunge.

Had this pattern for ages too,the weekender.
I've chosen this mint green oilcloth thought it would be easier to keep clean,just wipe it with a damp cloth.You may never see this again LOL depends what happens when I start to sew.

Beautiful wearther here at the mo,warm and sunny,and the clocks have gone forward into summer time so longer days to come.
We had a beautiful cleare sky last night,with a big bright moon.
This was taken at 8pm.


and this one at 8.50.pm

It was lovely in the garden.
Another lovely morning today,a bit more sewing for me,can't go out due to poorly foot .Had Arthritis in the old joints for years,keeps good but every now and then it flares up.My ankle been very painful for over a week now,so I keep taking the pain killers and hope it passes quickly.
Have a lovely week.xx


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks and fabric love the pink (red) one !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your foot, I hope it is feeling better soon! I have yet to try a swoon block (someday) but yours are lovely. The pink is my favorite. I also like that they are so big --- fewer to commit to :-). Maybe in a few years I will get around to making one. Just this month I (finally) got around to buying the SKoW book. It seems to always take me much too long to get to these things on my "want to make" list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have really been working hard. I have problems with my feet and legs too, feel for you. Hate arthritis

    ReplyDelete
  4. your swoon blocks really are worth swooning over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I hope your foot gets better soon. I love your swoons. Particularly your fabric choice. Look forward to seeing it all put together. I still haven't completed my mini one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your swoon blocks Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blocks, they are looking very pretty together. Lovely garden/moon photos too. xx

    ReplyDelete