Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Why oh why

Why did I choose oilcloth to make this bag,it was a bugger to sew.Broke two needles.
The end result is OK,I will make another one because it's a lovely big but not too big bag ( lovely bright cheerful fabric for the next one)


Another one of these,this is number 11
I made two the second one I changed the side bit around to make it a little different.

I like it just as much.
B has been away this weekend to his annual motorbike rally in Jersey,so it was just me and Lilly .did a few jobs and bits of this and that.A little sewing a little knitting and a little crocheting.
This cardie has been on the go for two years now,I do a couple of rows then put it away....yes you got it I did a couple of rows LOL.


I bought these two lovely little books,decided I would make a blanket with different style granny squares.


I've made these few with double knit but it's not ideal ,so I'm off to town tomorrow to get some 4 ply.
I do love this Lima wool though.

This is the finishing fabric for the above blocks I'm going to start cutting it and assembling the blocks.
Lots of flying geese which I'm not fond of making (so if you hear lots of swearing on the wind.....sorry it will be me).


The"girls"in the garden.They love to see each other they chase around for ages then just flop down.




The wonderer has returned,he hit rain on the way back and now has tent and stuff all over the patio drying out.  

Have a good week .
Lou xx

6 comments:

  1. Lots going on in your place Laura,I love your new bag and those books look great,have fun.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. blocks and bag look good, I am trying to figure out how to make a star like my oldest grand son wants on his quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely knitting, crocheting and sewing at your place Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to have some alone time once in awhile! Looks like you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of interesting bits and pieces at your place! It all looks lovely, love the knitting and crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is happening at your house Laurajane ,your bag is pretty . I had a jumper that seemed to take forever and I finally finished it last week.Lovely pattern for the jumper and crochet squares.

    ReplyDelete